Here we will talk about some amazing and interesting facts about Iran. You will surely amazed after reading all the interesting facts about Iran.
10 Interesting facts about Iran
- Iran is one of the few countries in the world to apply “temporary marriage”. This union between two people can even last only one hour.
- A decree of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the founder of the Islamic Republic, allows transsexuals to undergo an operation to change their sex.
- The largest producer of pistachios, Iran is considered the world’s pistachio capital. This dry fruit is the country’s second largest export after oil and natural gas.
- Since women do not have the right to attend sports events, some of them, football fans, disguise themselves in order to watch live games.
- As a strong advocate of family planning, Iran strongly encourages the use of contraception. In addition, to control population growth, Iran has founded one of the few condom factories in the Middle East.
- Iran hosts and provides social security for about one million foreign refugees. It is the country that hosts the most refugees in the world.
- The biblical characters, Queen Esther and the prophet Daniel, are buried in Iran.
- Men do not wear ties in Iran.
- Iranian households are not allowed to have satellite (television).
- The tomb of King Mausolus, known as the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, is at the origin of the term “mausoleum”. This tomb, which was about 45 meters high and was covered with bas-reliefs, was in Iran. He was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.