Today we will help you out to know about some awesome and interesting facts about Bolivia, you will be amazed after reading these interesting facts about Bolivia.
Interesting facts about Bolivia
- The name of Bolivia comes from a leader in the Hispano-American Wars of Independence, Simón Bolívar, becoming official in 1825.
- La Paz is the highest capital (11,910 feet) in the world.
- Almost 78% of the population is Catholic.
- Bolivia has the largest butterfly sanctuary in the world.
- The most dangerous road in the world is in Bolivia- “El Camino de la Muerte”, only 30% of all roads in Bolivia are paved (mostly in the city).
- In the mountains of the Andes, many live in more than 10,000 feet in the air (as high as some airplanes fly). The clouds pass through their living rooms.
- In Bolivia guinea pig is more than a childhood pet, it’s dinner, it’s a local delicacy that is unique to the highlands of Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador.
- Bolivia is thought to be the origin of many types of food, including varieties of peppers, chilies, peanuts, beans, cassava, and has more than 4,000 species of potatoes.
- There are almost 1 million people who travel to Bolivia every year, one of the attractions is a salt desert, the Salar de Uyuni, the largest concentration of salt deposits in the world.
- Bolivia has more than 30 official languages and 36 native cultures. The main language is Spanish, Quechua and Aymara.