Today we will help you out to know about some awesome and interesting facts about India, you will be amazed after reading these facts about India.
15 Interesting facts about India
- The zero you use in mathematics was invented in India by Indian mathematicians. The decimal system had invented in India too.
- 100 million people come to the Kumbh Mela Festival of India. It is the biggest gathering of the people in the whole world! It’s visible from space.
- It is illegal for foreigners to own Indian currency (The rupee) outside of India, Nepal and Bhutan.
The largest family in the world lives in India (A man with 39 wives and 94 children).
- There is a temple in India that is made entirely of gold and in this temple you can get Indian food for free every hour. This temple feeds 100,000 people every day regardless of caste, sex or religion. The name of this temple is the Golden Temple.
- India has had the oldest civilization in the world which is known as The Civilization of the Indus Valley or The Indus Valley Civilization in English. But when Pakistan and India separated, the remains of the Indus Valley civilization ended up in Pakistan.
- The civilization of the Indus Valley used canals to transport water from the rivers or drainage system and the sanitary system.
- During the World War, India produced the largest volunteer army in world history for no reason except promoting peace with North America and these allies(2.5 million men).
- India has 122 major languages and 1599 other languages. India does not have an official language but India has 22 official languages. The languages are: Hindi, English, Telugu, Assamese, Konkani, Gujrati, Urdu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Meitei (Manipuri), Mizo, Odia , Punjabi, Tamil, Bengali, Khasi, Nepali, Kashmiri, Nissi, Ao and Kokborok.
- India has more inhabitants than the western hemisphere!
- Bollywood is the largest film industry in the world in terms of the number of films produced and the peoples employed. About 3.5 billion tickets sold to people around the globe, 900,000 more than Hollywood.
- The world’s first university was established in Takshila, India in 700 BC. More than 10,500 students from around the world have studied more than 60 subjects. The remains of the university are in Pakistan.
- India is birthplace of: Ayurveda, Yoga, Zero, calculus, trigonometry.
- The richest temple in the world is Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple (A trillion dollars).
- The British looted about $ 250-475 trillions of India of all kinds. This includes resources, money, forced labor, etc. Not only that, but the British have made India one of the poorest nations in the world of the richest nation in the world.