Jamaica is the land of fun, but if you think it’s just about sunsets on beautiful beaches you’re very wrong. That is why today I bring you some striking data that perhaps you did not know interesting facts about Jamaica and its population, so that you have them in mind if you decide to make a trip there. There is much more to explore.
Interesting facts about Jamaica
- Have you ever heard of the “Milk River Bath”? It is a warm and natural spa that has the reputation of being the most radioactive in the world!
- Beyond the fact that the official language is English, the one that most people speak is the “Patois” which is a hybrid between English and African Creole.
- Usain Bolt, the winner of three Olympic medals and three times elected as the fastest runner on earth, hails from Jamaica.
- They are a religious people whose central religion is Christianity. They give a lot of importance to religious education in children and this is reflected in the fact that all public schools must pray before classes begin.
- Jamaica has more churches per square mile than in any other Christian country in the world.
- This country has given us great celebrities and celebrities such as Bob Marley, Sean Kingston, Sean Paul.
- The name “Jamaica” is derived from an indigenous word meaning “the land of wood and water”.
- Its national tree is the “Blue mahoe” (Hibiscus elatus).
- A curious fact is that this island manages to remain sunny throughout the year. That’s why it’s no wonder that tourists go there at any station.
- The consumption of alcohol (while you are of legal age) is not prohibited. But drugs do, whether they buy, sell or own. Myth of marijuana knocked down!